Friday, July 17, 2015

Ruh-roh, Reorge!

Time to run.
A few weeks ago I clicked on a link to make a donation to my local Girls on the Run chapter here in Northeast Ohio. I've coached 13 consecutive seasons now so it's safe to say that I believe in the cause wholeheartedly....and then some.

I got an email today with a complementary registration code for one of the Akron Marathon races on September 26. It seems that the donation I made was tied to a drawing for a race entry! I usually run one or two half marathons a year along with a smattering of 5 and 10ks, nothing too formal. If I take things too seriously I worry that my running will go from a stress reliever to a stress creator...so I'm pretty careful about not letting myself get carried away.

My Buttface (read: husband) and I have been really hammered in the last seven months and my running has been spotty at best. You know that your stress (and depression) levels have gotten out of control when they keep you from doing the things that keep your mind in check and preserve your sanity.

So. By my count I have 10 weeks and five days to race day.

That gives me five days to sort out a 10 week training plan. Easy peasy, right? The last race I actually TRAINED for was last September. It's probably past the acceptable amount of time to wing it when it comes to running workouts.

Sometimes the world smacks you down (hard!) and sometimes it gives you a nudge in the right direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment